I was tagged to do the ‘Beauty Blogger Tag’ by the lovely Carina. She is a beauty blogger and shares some great tips and tricks so check her out! This tag is a series of questions based on beauty/makeup that I have answered.
- Tag the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the questions you were given
- Nominate 10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion
- Name 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them
If you could use only skincare or only makeup, which one would you choose and why?
Definitely skincare. My philosophy has always been to invest in your skin and then your makeup. This is simply because even the best makeup items cannot substitute for good skin and your makeup will only look as good as your skin does. There is nothing more beautiful than applying makeup on a fresh, clean and even canvas.
Is it important to you that a product/brand is cruelty-free? How much does it impact your decision to purchase something?
This is somewhat important to me and I would prefer to go for cruelty-free products when I can. However, if I love and believe in a makeup or skincare item I don’t think this would stop me from buying it.
How old were you when you started wearing makeup? What products did you use back in the day?
I was never big on makeup growing up and still consider myself someone that doesn’t wear a lot on a daily basis. However, I started wearing eyeliner during high-school and didn’t even own foundation until I finished 1st year university (seriously I must have been living under a rock) – so I would have been about 19. I then gradually started experimenting with different items and now have my daily staples that I wear (look out for an upcoming post on this).
Do you even wonder if people find you shallow, because of your love for beauty/makeup?
Not necessarily because I believe everyone cares about how they look whether they wear makeup or not. If you look good, you feel good and vice versa. Plus, we all have different passions and interests which we need to respect. I believe that looking after oneself and being presentable is an important asset.
Could you ever imagine working as a makeup artist?
Probably not. I would be more interested in becoming an aesthetician, skincare consultant and a part of me has always wanted to be a dermatologist to fix/improve peoples’ skin concerns and problems.
Name three people everyone should follow on Instagram.
- Me (jokes)
- Rebecca Judd – lifestyle blogger
- zf_makeupartistry (amazing makeup artist – check her out)
- One of the Kardashians (they’ve always got something interesting happening in their family)
Do you alter your makeup depending on the season?
Not the basics but definitely the colours. Also, when I get a tan in summer that usually eliminates the need for foundation and a nice glowy bronzer generally does the trick. I like wearing coral and bright colour lippies in summer and the darker, warmer tones in winter.
What is your least favourite makeup trend and why?
I absolutely hate when people wear foundation on their lips. Like, why do you do it – it does not look good!
What is your go-to lip product?
This generally changes but my favourite at the moment is Mocha by Mac.
Name three things you love about yourself?
- I never hold a grudge
- If I set my mind to something, I will do it (I’m a true Aries from tip-to-toe)
- Physically, I like my sharp features
My questions for those I tag
- If you were stuck on an island, what 3 products would you want to have with you?
- What is one feature that you love about yourself?
- If there was something you could change about yourself, what would it be?
- Your all-time favourite makeup item – i.e. foundation, lipstick etc – and why?
- Do you have a single product you’ve repurchased multiple times over the years? What is it and why do you love it so much?
- Did you always picture yourself ending up in makeup/beauty or did you have other occupation goals while growing up?
- Do you have a beauty icon. If so, who is it and why?
- Would you consider getting your makeup done by other professionals?
- Do you believe high-end beauty products are always worth it?
- If you could spread a beauty message to all the girls out there what would it be?
Although I am brand new to blogging, these are the bloggers/vloggers that I’ve followed for a while and would love for them to do the ‘Beauty Blogger Tag’.