Thanks for popping by. I made these amazing lettuce wraps for lunch the other day and thought I’d share it with you all. The chicken went so well with the crunchy iceberg lettuce and made a very healthy, delicious and low-carb lunch (and low in calories of course – yay!). Check it out below to see how I made it.
Half a chicken breast diced into cubes
Spices of your choice to dress the chicken – I used BBQ spice
1 red chilli pepper
1 green chilli pepper
1 spanish (red) onion
2-3 lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Pepper, lemon and a drizzle of olive oil to dress
- Dice your chicken into cubes and season it with the spices of your choice. I used my all time favourite BBQ spice. (Tip: If you want to avoid your chicken breast being really dry soak it in a little bit of milk for 1 hour. This simple step will give you succulent, tender chicken breast that you won’t get bored of).
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Once heated add the chicken and thinly sliced chilli peppers. Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through (~8-10 minutes). Place the mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl dice a tomato and a Spanish onion. Mix with the chicken and chilli.
- Place mixture into the lettuce wraps.
- Season and garnish with pepper, lemon and a drizzle of olive oil.
Bon Appetite! There you have a super simple and delicious lunch.
Let me know if you would like more healthy recipes and inspiration by leaving a comment below & don’t forget to subscribe